Spacing is a cosmetic problem caused due to many factors like,
- Missing teeth ( one or many)
- Small teeth( microdontia- single or multiple)
- Larger jaw( macrognathia )
- High frenal attachment( abnormal frenum)
- Fractured or decayed- tooth/teeth.
Depending on the severity of the condition there are many options available to fix the condition and improve the esthetics and function.
- Veneers- composite or ceramic
- Orthodontic treatment
- Orthognathic surgery
A thorough clinical examination is very important before making a judgment and treatment plan