Factors causing Tooth Discoloration and Staining are,
- Dental caries
- Surface changes (defects)
- Specific medications
- Dietary habits like, Red wine, coffee, etc.
- Thickness of hard tissue( enamel)
- Structure of hard tissue
- Enamel cracks
- Chlorhexidine gluconate rinse
- Metabolic diseases
- Level of oral hygiene
- Systemic conditions
- Side effects of some dental treatments- amalgam filling, root canal treatment…
Depending on weather the staining is intrinsic or extrinsic and severity of staining treatment options can vary from some simple clean to bleaching to restoring multiple teeth with crown or veneer. Visit us today to make a diagnosis and to know treatment possibilities.